Twitter: @theluxuryscout
Pinterest: theluxuryscout

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Luxury Scouting Report

Who goes to watch the Senior Bowl practices in Mobile, Alabama in cashmere? This girl. After trying to salvage my cashmere sweater, I put my Cashmere Brush by The Laundress to the test. If this item were a football draft prospect, it would be a legitimate first rounder.  Handling pilled cashmere with ease, this special brush also fluffs and removes all signs of lint or dust. The brush is very well made and cleans easily. My cashmere looks brand new again. A little on the expensive side, but you'll wonder how you ever lived without it and never go back to a lint tape roll again.

As described on the Laundress web site:
The Laundress Cashmere Brush is strategically constructed with strong, black inner bristles, soft outer white bristles that come from a special domesticated race of pig, and assembled on a pearwood handle which is finished with natural linseed oil, to give your woolens the best of care. 

Cashmere Brush by The Laundress

It was inevitable that after loving the Cashmere Brush by the Laundress, it was only a matter of time before I was going to try the Laundress Clothing and Upholstery Brush. I fell equally in love. Not only could I brush the constant lint and dust off my dark navy spring jacket, I could also use this on my variety of upholstered furniture. And it works wonders.

As described on the Laundress web site:
The Laundress Clothing and Upholstery Brush is crafted partially by hand by the artisans at Redecker with strong black bristles that come from a special domesticated race of pig. The handle is made of pearwood which is finished with natural linseed oil, with a leather hook for hanging in between brushings. 


Clothing & Upholstery Brush by The Laundress

The upholstery brush also works fabulously on my Restoration Hardware Delano Headboard,
upholstered in Belgian Linen - flax.

To clean the brushes, I use a drop of Wool & Cashmere Shampoo, made by the Laundress.

No comments:

Post a Comment